The Southern Oregon Wine Institute was established in 2008 at UCC as the first viticulture and enology program in Oregon outside the Willamette Valley.
SOWI offers degree, certificate and continuing education programs that merge conventional classroom training with experiential learning, providing students with the knowledge and skills necessary to either support existing growers and winemakers or establish ventures of their own.
The vision of the state-of-the-art facility to house SOWI programs includes:
- Living laboratory of student-cultivated vineyards
- Commercial-scale winemaking facility.
- Private testing facility to serve all regional winemakers.
- Wine incubator to help artisans plan, start and market their wineries and save the significant costs of starting a winery.
- Event center for conferences, meetings and receptions.
This will be the catalyst southern Oregon’s burgeoning wine industry needs to spark the region’s economic resurgence.
Download Flyer Register Online
Afternoon Interactive Panels